By means of the State support, competitiveness of agricultural holdings is being facilitated, providing support for a partial paying off of credit interest and in the form credit guarantees, development of pedigree breeding in animal sector is ensured, as well as evaluation of plant breeding material, the use of certified seeds and implementation of research projects in agriculture.
Rural Support Service of Latvia (RSS) is responsible for implementation of a unified state support policy in Latvia:
- The transition period detached national aid,
- Promotion of investment in agriculture,
- Fisheries fund, Forest development fund and Hunting Management Development Fund,
- Tax-free fuel for farmers and fisherman,
- Compensations for phytosanitary measures;
- Compensations in cases of infectious animal diseases;
- De minimis and others.
To receive support: clients submit appropriate application - RSS evaluates it - in case of successful evaluation RSS pays state support.